Call Now : 212-691-6171

Family Law Q&A

I’m getting divorced. What are my options?

Every situation is unique, but the law offers several paths through the divorce process. Some couples are able to complete an uncontested divorce on their own. For others, mediation can be an inexpensive, less stressful method of resolving marital disputes, requiring only that a lawyer review the mediated agreement to make sure it will accomplish your goals. Many people require the help of a skilled professional to advocate on their behalf to reach a negotiated settlement or move forward in court.

In our initial consultation, I will listen to your concerns and goals, analyze your situation to help you understand the risks and benefits of each option for your specific circumstances, and strategize with you to determine the best path for meeting your goals and needs.

How will divorce affect me financially?

Marriage is an economic and emotional partnership. Equitable distribution is the court’s approach to severing the financial portion of the partnership through fair division of marital property. I will help guide you through this complex area of matrimonial law; including businesses valuations, determining non-monetary spousal contributions, and protecting your interests throughout the process. I will also advise and guide you on the issues of temporary and permanent spousal maintenance and child support.

What should I expect from my lawyer?

Commitment, attention and compassion. Client needs vary from individual to individual, and I am responsive and flexible. When the parties’ differences are irreconcilable, making negotiation ineffective, zealous advocacy is required to protect your interests.

What if I have children?

I have extensive experience negotiating and litigating custody and support matters related to children, particularly children with special needs and in cases involving parental alienation. We can develop creative solutions to everyday problems, from parental access and decision making issues to support for a child’s special needs or higher education. Children and their best interests come first in every case.

675 Third Avenue
Suite 1805
New York, NY 10017

P: 212-691-6171
F: 212-921-2422
Attorney Advertising